Green Pepper Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned salad croutons
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is thickened. Sprinkle with croutons.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 20, 2014
I used left over spaghetti sauce jazzed up with a sprinkle of basil. The seasoned croutons really made the dish however. It went very well with meatloaf. Will definitely make again.
Jan 12, 2014
I serve this over rice as a side dish. Quick and easy.