- 3 large green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned salad croutons
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is thickened. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGreen Pepper Saute
"I used left over spaghetti sauce jazzed up with a sprinkle of basil. The seasoned croutons really made the dish however. It went very well with meatloaf. Will definitely make again."