Green Pepper Meat Loaf Recipe
"My husband, Wayne, asks for this meat loaf all the time," reports Edna Lauderdale of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. "We like it spicy, so we use hot sausage rather than mild. Slices are terrific drizzled with ketchup, served with mashed potatoes and gravy, or in meat loaf sandwiches the next day."
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 bacon strips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, green peppers, onion, celery leaves, parsley and soup mix. Crumble beef and sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12x4-in. loaf.
- 2. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Place bacon strips over top if desired. Bake 45-60 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 14 slices.
1 each: 193 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Green Pepper Meat Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC