- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Sprinkle with flour, coriander and pepper; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and 3/4 cup cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, salsa, and 1 cup cheese mixture. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining cheese mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGreen Pepper and Onion Turkey Enchiladas
"I used ground turkey and they turned out very good. I also added to the meat green chilies."
"This has become a regular for us. My hushband is on a low salt diet, so I've found low sodium torillas and use very low sodium chicken broth. I use cummin in place of coriandor."