Ever since I can remember, my aunt Beverly has made this potato salad for special occasions. She gave me the recipe a few years ago, and I've been making it for parties and my card clubs. I get many requests for the recipe.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon green onion dip mix
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, pickle and green onion. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Onion Potato Salad in Reminisce June/July 2011, p69