I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I did when our children were still at home. When I feel like baking these days, I share the goodies with neighbors.
Recommended: 25 Surprising Ways to Use Jiffy Mix
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Rice Chex
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, baking powder, sugar and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cream cheese and onions. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Green Onion Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p17