Green Onion Muffins
I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I did when our children were still at home. When I feel like baking these days, I share the goodies with neighbors.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Rice Chex
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, baking powder, sugar and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cream cheese and onions.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Green Onion Muffins in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.