Green Onion Burgers
When my husband and I took a grilling class at a local college, the instructor prepared these burgers. The green onion flavor really shines through. - Marilyn Trisch, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns.
You can find fresh gingerroot in the produce section of your grocery store. If tightly wrapped, it can be refrigerated for 3 weeks or frozen for up to 1 year. Use your garlic press to easily mince peeled fresh gingerroot.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Green Onion Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips