The savory flavor of green onions comes through in these easy drop biscuits that are best right out of the oven. They have a crusty exterior and soft interior. -Test Kitchen
Recommended: 60 Heirloom Recipes from Grandparents
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the buttermilk, onions and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops with butter-flavored spray. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Originally published as Green Onion Biscuits in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p27
Reviews forGreen Onion Biscuits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2010
"We enjoyed these biscuits as a fast side."