Green ‘n’ Red Potato Salad
FROM the first time I made it, this has been my favorite recipe for fresh green beans. I serve it as a main vegetable with any kind of meat, fish or chicken. It is a wonderful salad for a picnic and is a good side dish for hamburgers, hot dogs or barbecue.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups cubed red potatoes (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- MUSTARD DILL DRESSING:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place beans in another saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain potatoes and beans; place in a bowl. Add the olives, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Originally published as Green Bean.Olive and Red Potato Salad in Reminisce Extra September 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.