Green Chili ‘n’ Rice Casserole
This recipe is a three-way winner. It's inexpensive, takes only minutes to prepare and tastes great. It's a good way to use up leftover rice.—Marilyn, Scroggs, Lees Summit, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cans (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 243 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Green Chili N Rice Casserole in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.