Green Chili Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1. Spread mayonnaise over four slices of bread; layer with cheese slices and green chilies. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 455 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Green Chili Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"We are fans of green chili, living here in Colorado. This is something we've been doing for a while. We love the combo of cheese and green chilies."