Green Chili Grilled Cheese Melt
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash seasoned salt
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until blended. Spread over half of the bread slices. Top with tomato and remaining bread.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with melted butter. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches in batches over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 431 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 12, 2015
My husband and I liked this recipe, but found that it was too gooey and needed more crunch with it. We omitted the tomatoes, but otherwise thought it was a creative grilled cheese recipe!
Sep 29, 2015
I'm a big fan of grilled cheese because it is such a versatile dish. This is a nice spicy twist on the usual sandwich! Works well with sourdough bread instead of white.
Sep 7, 2015
Excellent on every level. The garden fresh tomatoes knocked it out of the park. I made 1/2 recipe because there are just the two of us. Wish I had made the entire amount. Pretty sure the cheese mixture would be terrific on crackers. The ingredient mix is perfect. I appreciate a recipe that brings unique tastes to an old time favorite. Thanks so much.
Aug 25, 2015
Gooey, yummy goodness. Will enjoy with soup in colder weather.
Jun 19, 2015
This looked so good that I thought I would reduce the amount down to make just enough for two sandwiches, but then decided I'd make the full amount.. and I ended up using the balance at a party as a warm cheese dip, with just a bit of hot sauce added. Sandwich was divine, and the dip was delightful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.