Green Chili Flautas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- Shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa, sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, chilies and cumin; set aside.
- 2. Warm the tortillas; brush both sides with some of the butter. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly; place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, brushing once with remaining butter. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 10 flautas.
Timely Tip: To quickly warm flour tortillas, place unwrapped tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until warm.
1 each: 296 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.