VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and butter. Stir in the corn, chilies, cheese and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and honey. Serve with warm bread. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Corn Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p14
Reviews forGreen Chili Corn Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2010
"Our family - even the people who do not normally favor cornbread - love this recipe!"