- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) whole green chilies, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 kaiser or sandwich rolls, split
- Pound chicken to flatten; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil; mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade over chicken;
- seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 3 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Top each with a green chili and cheese slice; cover and grill for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGreen Chili Chicken Sandwiches
"So good!!!! We added bacon & it was great!!!"