- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small saucepan, cook refried beans until heated through; spread evenly on tortillas. Spoon pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forGreen Chili Burritos
"We loved this! Works well when doubled too."
"I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. I add a little more to it to give it some spice."
"I used leftover pork roast, shredded, that I simmered with the sauce ingredients. It turned out great!"