Green Chili Beef Dip
I love pecans, so I decided to use them as a topping for this tangy cream cheese dip. I made it for a family reunion, and everyone loved it.” —Terry Maly, Olathe, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced dried beef, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Assorted crackers
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until toasted; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and milk until smooth. Stir in the chilies, beef, horseradish and garlic salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, in a toaster oven at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 203 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Special Dried Beef Dip in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011