- 3 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 pounds fresh green beans
- Finely chop 1-1/2 yellow peppers. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chopped peppers; cook and stir until tender.
- Place pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; process until blended. Add cooked peppers; process to blend.
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cut remaining 1-1/2 peppers into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well and return to pot. Add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGreen Beans with Yellow-Pepper Butter
"Very good, but way too much butter"
"There was a lot of butter! But it made good sauce. My blender didn't make it creamy enough though."
"Really GOOD! used cashews instead of pine nuts. used more beans than called for 3 lbs.very nice change from the ordinary."