Green Beans with Yellow-Pepper Butter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 pounds fresh green beans
- Finely chop 1-1/2 yellow peppers. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chopped peppers; cook and stir until tender.
- Place pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; process until blended. Add cooked peppers; process to blend.
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cut remaining 1-1/2 peppers into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well and return to pot. Add butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 145 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 18, 2016
Very good, but way too much butter
Feb 7, 2016
There was a lot of butter! But it made good sauce. My blender didn't make it creamy enough though.
Jan 9, 2016
Really GOOD! used cashews instead of pine nuts. used more beans than called for 3 lbs.very nice change from the ordinary.