- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 shallot, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute shallot in butter until tender. Add the garlic, sugar, lemon juice, salt, parsley and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forGreen Beans with Tomatoes & Basil
"Will make this again and again. Wonderful flavor but I will not steam the vegetables. That took forever at high altitude!! I had to boil the beans after steaming for 20 min. and they still were not done."
"Very tasty! Could've eaten the shallot mixture all by itself - very good flavors which complemented each other nicely!"
"It's unique in a marvelous way. Absolutely delicious and beautiful. Even the left overs got eaten the next day!"
"This dish not only looks great it has a delicious taste."
"Very tasty! Found it in the magazine, though - good thing, as this post does not have the ingredients written out!"