Green Beans with Thyme
Chopped onion, thyme and other seasonings give fresh green beans great flavor.—Doris Dibert, Everett, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine beans, water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Add parsley, lemon juice, thyme and paprika. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Green Beans with Thyme in Taste of Home April/May 1998
Jul 29, 2015
It was good, but not my family's favorite green bean side
Mar 7, 2011
I made these for a special b-day meal for my MIL. They got rave reviews!
Mar 23, 2009
This recipe is delicious!