Green Beans with Thyme
Chopped onion, thyme and other seasonings give fresh green beans great flavor.—Doris Dibert, Everett, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine beans, water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Add parsley, lemon juice, thyme and paprika. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 29, 2015
It was good, but not my family's favorite green bean side
Mar 7, 2011
I made these for a special b-day meal for my MIL. They got rave reviews!
Mar 23, 2009
This recipe is delicious!