Green Beans with Seasoning
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute green beans and mushrooms in butter until crisp-tender.
- Add lemon juice mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 24, 2014
These were ok. Next time I'll cook the beans for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms, which seemed to cook much faster than the beans.
Aug 15, 2012
These are very good. I made them with the Barbecue Jack Chicken on the same page and a rice pilaf. The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms since I don't like them.
Jan 10, 2012
One of our absolute favorites!
Feb 23, 2011
This is the only way I eat green beansany more!!