Green Beans with Savory
Featuring almonds, a splash of lemon juice and a hint of cayenne pepper, this green bean side would be delicious with just about any main dish. Enjoy! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory or 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute almonds in butter until toasted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; add almond mixture and toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Green Beans with Savory in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009