Green Beans with Peppers Recipe
Our Test Kitchen concocted this festive-looking side dish that's a snap to make for a holiday dinner or an everyday meal.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket over 1 in. of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a nonstick skillet, saute red peppers and onion in oil. Add seasonings and beans; toss. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 52 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Green Beans with Peppers
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC