Green Beans with Lemon and Pine Nuts
“Just a few ingredients make this brightly colored side come together. It has a great balance of flavors. Lemon and pine nuts—what a match!” Cittie - TasteofHome.com Community
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Pour over beans; sprinkle with pine nuts. Toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 68 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC