Green Beans with Hazelnut-Lemon Butter Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the butter. Add the hazelnuts, lemon juice, parsley, basil and salt; heat through. Drain beans; add the butter mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Almonds may be substituted for the hazelnuts.
1 cup: 223 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.