- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth.
- Stir in the vinegar, salt, dill and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain beans; serve with sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forGreen Beans with Dill Cream Sauce
"Yum! The sauce rocks, I'm going to try it on other veggies."
"Wow, this was really great. The sauce was simple to make (altho I omitted the onion) and were a wonderful addition to the green beans. My husband loved it as well. Definitely a keeper!"
"I loved this dish and I'm not a big dill fan. I wanted to use fresh beans but it wasn't the right season. Frozen were fine. Drain the beans well so they don't dilute the sauce."