- 4 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until combined. Gradually add oil in a steady stream, processing until smooth; set aside. Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the blue cheese mixture and sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGreen Beans with Blue Cheese
"I'm always looking for new ways to prepare green beans because it's one of the few vegetables my husband likes. This recipe is very delicious! It's a simple recipe using a very easy yet flavorful sauce. I used real bacon bits to garnish this, just to save a step and it worked out very well. Not only did hubby love it, so did the kids! The only thing I would change next time is double the sauce. It didn't seem to make enough for our liking."