Green Beans with Almond Butter
Many beans are grown here in Georgia, so we find lots of ways to serve them. This is one of my favorite side dishes for holiday meals. To make it even more special, substitute hazelnuts for the almonds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice and peel, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in the almonds. Drain the beans and return to the pan. Add almond butter and toss to coat.
Originally published as Green Beans with Hazelnut Butter in Country Extra November 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.