- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice and peel, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in the almonds. Drain the beans and return to the pan. Add almond butter and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGreen Beans with Almond Butter
"These are delicious! A nice side to serve to company.~ Theresa"