Green Beans Provence Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine beans and tomatoes. Combine the basil, vinegar, oil, garlic, pepper and salt; drizzle over beans and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 60 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Green Beans Provence
"We love this dish except we use a balsamic vinegar/reduction combo instead of the terragon vinegar."
"Absolutely love it! I have made this many times. I can eat the whole thing by myself!!"
"Completely fantastic. I don't have the tarragon vinegar, I just use red wine vinegar instead."
"I made this simple dish for our Memorial Day picnic and it was hands down, the favorite side dish of the event. Thanks for posting this delicious, heathly dish."
"Best recipe for green beans I have ever tried; every bite bursts with flavor. Even my 3 year old can't stop eating these!"