Green Beans ‘n’ Celery
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place beans and celery in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add the pimiento, sunflower kernels, butter, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 each: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 27, 2009
Hey, don't overlook this recipe! I found this on Thanksgiving morning for something that had ingredients I already had on hand and I picked this one and made it for the first time.It was a hit at dinner and I shared some with coworkers the next day and they wanted the recipe. They loved it. I will make this one many times over as it's very tasty and quick and easy to make. It doesn't sound all that yummy when you read the ingredients, but trust me, it has a very good flavor and is reasonable in the calorie department. I just used frozen green beans and cooked the beans with celery in the microwave. Forget the stove top. Use your microwaves, Ladies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.