VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt if desired and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add beans and tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans Italiano in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p203