Green Beans Italiano
The tomatoes and green beans make a pretty combo in this vegetable dish. Eliminate the salt if you prefer. —Amy Welk-Thieding
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt if desired and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add beans and tomatoes; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 58 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Green Beans Italiano in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.