Green Beans in Lemon Chiffon Sauce Recipe
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1. Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, and cheese until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking after each addition until butter is melted.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, parsley and onion. Drain beans; top with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 141 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Green Beans in Lemon Chiffon Sauce
"This was an interesting recipe. At first I absolutely hated it, I did not like the taste of the sauce over the green beans at all. I was actually planning to walk to the sink and dump it down the garbage disposal. Then I decided to dip my slightly dry steak in the sauce and I loved it!! I am planning to heat up the leftovers tomorrow and eat it that way. Nice surprise, I hate wasting food."
"Delicious! A great way to jazz up green beans for a fancy meal. I used frozen green beans and they worked just fine.~ Theresa"