VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain beans and transfer to a serving dish. Add red pepper mixture and stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Red Pepper in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p190
Reviews forGreen Beans and Red Peppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2013
"Simple and tasted like I fussed. Great side dish for a complicated meal."