Green Bean Supreme Recipe
The combination of sour cream and dill makes this a delicious variation of traditional green bean casserole. I've had the recipe for more than 25 years.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion, dill and parsley in butter until onion is tender. Stir in flour and sour cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Cook the beans according to package directions; drain. Stir beans and cheese into the sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 235 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Green Bean Supreme
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2013
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC