Green Bean Supreme
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large skillet, saute onion, dill and parsley in butter until onion is tender. Stir in flour and sour cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook the beans according to package directions; drain. Stir beans and cheese into the sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 235 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2014
I love that this recipe does not use a processed soup! I added about 1/2 cup of milk along with the sour cream so it doesn't get too thick. Also, I use cornflake crumbs or panko bread crums instead of potato chips for the topping.
Nov 28, 2013
I bring green bean casserole to every Thanksgiving Dinner. This year I tried this recipe as an alternative and loved it.. The dill and sour cream make it. I used French Fried Onions in place of the crushed potato chips. I will definitely keep this recipe to use again and again.