Green Bean Supreme
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large skillet, saute onion, dill and parsley in butter until onion is tender. Stir in flour and sour cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook the beans according to package directions; drain. Stir beans and cheese into the sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 235 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 1, 2014
I love that this recipe does not use a processed soup! I added about 1/2 cup of milk along with the sour cream so it doesn't get too thick. Also, I use cornflake crumbs or panko bread crums instead of potato chips for the topping.
Nov 28, 2013
I bring green bean casserole to every Thanksgiving Dinner. This year I tried this recipe as an alternative and loved it.. The dill and sour cream make it. I used French Fried Onions in place of the crushed potato chips. I will definitely keep this recipe to use again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.