The combination of sour cream and dill makes this a delicious variation of traditional green bean casserole. I've had the recipe for more than 25 years.
Recommended: Easy Dinners Made in a 13×9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large skillet, saute onion, dill and parsley in butter until onion is tender. Stir in flour and sour cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook the beans according to package directions; drain. Stir beans and cheese into the sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Supreme in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p66
Reviews forGreen Bean Supreme
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2013