Green Bean Sesame Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 82 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 13, 2010
Forgot to note that to cook beans, you should bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 10-15 minutes until crisp-tender. After draining and rinsing in cold water, I did pat the beans dry with paper towels (other green bean salad recipes include this step).
Jun 13, 2010
What a delightful recipe! If you're looking for a unique salad and/or something different to do with fresh green beans, this fits the bill. The red pepper flakes give it a lively zip! The ingredients enhance the flavor of the beans without overpowering them. And it's easy to make! Great salad for a picnic as it can sit out.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.