Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, cheese and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 131 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 18, 2017
Since this is referred to as a 'salad', I assume that it should be cooled down and eaten as a cold side dish. Either way, it looks and sounds delicious.
May 16, 2012
Very good!! I did not have fresh beans, I made mine with beans that I had frozen from last years garden, and it worked great. Will be making this again.Will make this again
Jul 12, 2010
This is delicious and looks very colorful and appetizing. I do not have a steamer so I just microwave the grean beans for a few minutes and they turnout nicely crisp-tender. I also use the real bacon bits, not imitation bacon bits. It tastes much better this way.
Jul 4, 2010
Delicious! I could eat it all by myself too! The dressing is wonderful - a perfect summer side.