Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, cheese and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 131 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 18, 2017
Since this is referred to as a 'salad', I assume that it should be cooled down and eaten as a cold side dish. Either way, it looks and sounds delicious.
May 16, 2012
Very good!! I did not have fresh beans, I made mine with beans that I had frozen from last years garden, and it worked great. Will be making this again.Will make this again
Jul 12, 2010
This is delicious and looks very colorful and appetizing. I do not have a steamer so I just microwave the grean beans for a few minutes and they turnout nicely crisp-tender. I also use the real bacon bits, not imitation bacon bits. It tastes much better this way.
Jul 4, 2010
Delicious! I could eat it all by myself too! The dressing is wonderful - a perfect summer side.