Green Bean Ham Quiche
Ham tastes just as good the next day in this hearty quiche that’s great at any meal. Sandy Flick of Toledo, Ohio adds green beans for a unique touch and they pair perfectly with ham, mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, mushrooms, cheese, onion and garlic powder. Drain beans; stir into ham mixture. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt and pepper just until blended; pour over ham mixture.
- Bake 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 198 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Deluxe Swiss, Green Bean, Ham Mushroom Pie in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
May 4, 2011
Great recipe. We were doubtful about green in a quiche, but I had a ton of HoneyBaked Ham leftover to use up. It was awesome! I left out the mushrooms, and it turned out fine.