Green Bean Egg Salad
"I received this recipe from my mother-in-law, and it's a great alternative to potato salad," says Jane Gysbers of Blaine, Minnesota. Tip: "Cook a large kettle of green beans for supper and use the leftovers the next day to fix this delicious dish," Jane suggests.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Add the eggs and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Add to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.