My grandmother made a cold green bean salad with potatoes for every family barbecue. Now I bring my own version of the recipe to parties. With added color and taste from the cherry tomatoes, this classic favorite is even better. —Angela Lemoine, Howell, New Jersey
Featured In: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add beans in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer beans to a large bowl. Add tomatoes and onion; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean-Cherry Tomato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p223