- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- In a bowl, combine soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper. Gently stir in beans. Spoon half of the mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the onions. Spoon remaining bean mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the onions are brown and crispy. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forGreen Bean Casserole
"I add everything except the milk. The milk made it soupy. It is not needed and everyone loves it because it is nice and thick. Which is my preference."
"I make this every year and everyone loves it. The only difference to the recipe is to use one can of cream of mushroom and one can of cream of celery. This adds a depth of flavor."
"This casserole is delicious! I realized when I got started that I didn't have any milk. Initially that was disappointing but then realized I had some heavy cream. So I used a cup of that. I also used less than a half a cup of mixed vegetables I had left from a previous dish. I was trying to get rid of them so I threw them in the mix. I sprinkled some garlic powder on top to give it that final kick. Again, this casserole is delicious!"
"made this for Thanksgiving family loved it!!"
"This was good, but seemed to be missing something. I made my own cream of mushroom soup and followed the recipe . It was not at all too soupy. I might have cooked it a liitle longer than stated; I wanted the onions on top really crispy."
"Very basic recipe but this has always been a favorite. Love the idea of the onion layer between the beans...hadn't done that before and for some reason it made a huge difference!"
"Turned out perfect! this recipe was exactly what I was looking for an essential classic! A dish that called people back for seconds :D"