Green Bean Casserole with Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Hot biscuits
- In a large bowl, stir soups and milk until smooth. Add the next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with onions; bake 10 minutes longer. Serve over biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1132mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 24, 2009
I still remember the first time I made it. My husband asked what the "little squiggly things" were in it (chow mein noodles). To my surprise, he had two generous servings.
Mar 24, 2009
If you've not yet tried this dish yet, it's a must. We have it just about every 6 weeks, we never tire of it, it's that good.