Green Bean Casserole Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 30 whole baby portobello mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place the green beans, 1/2 cup cheese, soup, water, nutmeg, pepper and bacon mixture in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; fold in bread crumbs.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; discard stems or save for another use. Spritz mushroom caps with cooking spray; place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side down. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Drain liquid from caps; fill with green bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese and fried onions. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through. Freeze option: After baking mushroom caps, drain and stuff mushrooms. Cool. Freeze on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake mushrooms as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed mushroom: 52 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 1, 2014
Larger mushrooms are the way to go, so go with medium or even a large portobella mushroom unless you are serving it at a huge pot luck celebration. It was very good, but also very time consuming, however I will definitely try this again.
Oct 30, 2013
Since green beans are not always a family favorite, I substituted steamed broccoli for the green beans and they were a hit!!
Nov 26, 2012
Followed the recipes exactly and found them to be ok but rather bland .... I was glad I had made my regular stuffed muchrooms too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.