Green Bean Burger Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried oregano
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
When selecting fresh green beans, look for those that are brightly colored, unblemished and firm. Store unwashed beans in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using, snap off the stem end and rinse in cold water.
1 each: 491 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1011mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.