Green Bean Burger Pie
I've depended on this recipe since my college roommate shared it with me more than 25 years ago. People are always pleasantly surprised by the unusually combination of ingredients.—Elizabeth Andrews, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried oregano
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
When selecting fresh green beans, look for those that are brightly colored, unblemished and firm. Store unwashed beans in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using, snap off the stem end and rinse in cold water.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 491 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1011mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Green Bean Burger Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book